Office of Institutional Research and Assessment
The Office of Institutional Research and Assessment supports the University mission by its commitment to developing and providing quality and accurate information for effective policy formulation, decision-making, accreditation, assessment and strategic planning activities at the University. The mission of the office is two-fold:
- Collect, analyze, interpret and disseminate information collected from internal and external sources to various University constituencies;.
- Lead and coordinate the assessment of institutional effectiveness in academic and administrative areas, and provide methodological, analytical and logistical support for assessment of student learning outcomes.
In support of its mission, the Office designs and conducts research projects; produces standard and specialized reports; responds to federal, state mandates and other external requests for institutional data, and monitors compliance with various federal and state mandates; provides data and analytical support for assessment of student learning, and continuous improvement activities in administrative/academic support units; conducts student experiences and satisfaction surveys; supports campus retention efforts; develops and maintains a data warehouse of historical and current institutional information.
The Fact Sheet presents the following data at the Campus and University level:
- student enrollment
- student demographics
- graduation rates
- first-time full-time freshmen average SAT scores
- student charges
- degrees awarded.
Print a copy. It is an easy way to carry vital University statistics to your meetings.
Quick Stats provides detailed current year information on enrolled students. Historical data on student enrollment can be found on OIRA's intranet website. The intranet site is password-protected. If you need to obtain the information on the intranet, please contact one of the following adminsitrators in your area:
- Vice President/ Associate Vice President
- Provost / Associate Provost
- Academic Dean / Associate Academic Dean
If you have any questions pertaining to the Quick Stats, please contact Mr. Bin Cheng, firstname.lastname@example.org, 201-692-2059.
Common Data Set
The Common Data Set is a set of standardized questions answered by the University to provide data to college guidebook publishers. The University provides a Common Data Set for each of its campuses:
- Common Data Set, Florham Campus Fall 2016 and
- Common Data Set, Metopolitan Campus Fall 2016.
- Common Data Set, University Level Fall 2016
If you have any questions pertaining to the information in the Common Data Set, please contact Jamie Duggan, email@example.com, 201-692-2753.
Fact Book Interactive / Equery
FDU Fact Book Interactive designed for your own specific research on enrollment data.
- Equery (requires password)
Higher Education Act (HEA): Institutional Disclosure Requirements, 2008
Student Consumer Information
- National Center for Educational Statistics (NCES)
- New Jersey Office of the Secretary of Higher Education
- New Jersey Office of the Secretary of Higher Education Program Inventory
- Association for Institutional Research (AIR)
- Northeast Association for Institutional Research (NEAIR)
- New Jersey Association for Institutional Research (NJAIR)
Sam Michalowski, Ph.D.
Associate Provost for Institutional Research and Assessment
Bin Cheng, M.A.
Jamie Duggan, M.A.
Fairleigh Dickinson Univesity
1000 River Road
Teaneck, NJ 07666
Password protected area containing the FDU Fact Book, results of survey research, enrollment tracking reports, and more. If you need access to this section, please contact Jamie Duggan: 201-692-2753, firstname.lastname@example.org.