Masters in Administrative Science (MAS) - Vancouver Campus
The Master of Administrative Science (MAS) degree * is a 30-credit degree to enhance the administrative and leadership skills of graduates.
The program combines both cognitive and affective (interactive) instruction through case studies, simulations, individual and group exercises, and fieldwork that helps to develop critical managerial effectiveness. The MAS educational experience seeks to develop critical administrative competencies in a supportive learning environment in conjunction with specific and clear feedback.
- A 30-credit program.
- An opportunity to begin the program at any one of three entry points during the year: September, January, May.
- Small classes offered and class times will vary.
- Graduated from a 4 year bachelor’s degree program or equivalent.
- Maintained a cumulative grade point average of 3.0 (B) in their undergraduate studies.
- Two (2) letters of recommendation
- Personal statement of purpose
Demonstrate efficiency in communication of the English Language (for international students whose first language is not English). This can be accomplished through one of the following:
- a. Achieving a TOEFL iBT 79 or higher
- b. Achieving an IELTS overall band score of 6.0 or higher
- At least 21 credits must be completed at FDU.
- Students must achieve a grade point average of 2.75 for the current trimester and keep a cumulative grade point average of 2.75. Students who receive two or more C grades will be warned, and if evidence of definite improvement in their academic performance does not ensue, they will be put on academic probation or be asked to withdraw from graduate study.
- All students must take the Capstone Course, MADS 6612 – Seminar on Strategic Management.
- Students are required to take 10 courses to complete the MAS which are chosen from a range of courses. Students may pursue a single area of study or design a program that will support their specific career-related goals.
The curriculum areas and credit distribution requirements are designed to provide students with flexibility in planning a program of study within a competency-focused framework for professional development. Students must successfully complete 30 credits of graduate course work in the following categories.
- Administrative Competencies (6 classes / 18 credits)
- Analytic and Decision-Making Competencies (3 classes / 9 credits)
- Capstone Seminar (last class/3 credits) MADS6612 – Seminar in Strategic Management
For course descriptions and checklist please see links on right hand column on this page.
- FDU-Vancouver Graduate Application for Admission
- Program Checklist for FDU-Vancouver
- MAS Course Descriptions for FDU-Vancouver
- Projected fees and living expenses for MAS degree program
* Fairleigh Dickinson University is accredited by the Middle States Commission on Higher Education, and licensed by the State of New Jersey Commission on Higher Education.
The term “university” is used under the written consent of the Minister of Advanced Education of British Columbia, Canada effective May 8, 2006 having undergone a quality assessment process and been found to meet the criteria established by the minister.
This program is offered under the written consent of the Minister of Advanced Education of British Columbia, Canada effective April 27, 2011 having undergone a quality assessment process and been found to meet the criteria established by the minister. Nevertheless, prospective students are responsible for satisfying themselves that the program and the degree will be appropriate to their needs (for example, acceptable to potential employers, professional licensing bodies, or other educational institutions).