Global Scholars Program
A program for entering first-time, full-time freshmen at the University’s campus in Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
The concept for our Global Scholars Program was inspired by Fairleigh Dickinson University's founding mission as an institution that is "of and for the world." As a Global Scholar, you will be part of a distinctive community of learners who are committed to world citizenship and to developing a global perspective as tomorrow's leaders.
The four-year selective Global Scholars Program is an organized and integrated course of study that combines an intensive multi-disciplinary learning environment with a cross-spectrum of cultural experiences on and off campus. Beginning with the freshman year, Global Scholars participate in domestic and international experiential learning including:
- A Global Scholars Seminar
- Regular discussion meetings with Global Scholars attending FDU campuses in New Jersey
- Optional trips and private briefings at UN Headquarters in New York*
- Special lectures and presentations (and access to online resources) concerning global issues
- Participation in a variety of cultural events, including local field trips
- Participation in co-curricular field experiences at FDU campuses in New Jersey and elsewhere*
- A semester studying abroad*
*There is no additional tuition for special credit-bearing courses, co-curricular experiences or the semester abroad. However, costs related to travel and living expenses while traveling and/or studying abroad are the responsibility of the Global Scholar.
Please check out the events in which our Global Scholars participate:
- High school graduation with an 80% average or higher in final grade 12 courses*
- Adequate English level to enter the University
- Demonstrated participation in school and/or community activities (in activities of global importance specifically)
*Students with an average of 76% or higher may be considered if evidence of school and/or community involvement (with a global emphasis) has been demonstrated.
Each year, approximately 12-15 students are selected to participate in the Global Scholars Program in Vancouver.
If you are interested in applying for Global Scholars Program, please include the following with your FDU application package:
- Most current high school transcript
- A Global Scholars Questionnaire. *Questionnaire can be submitted when filling in the online undergraduate application.
- Resume or list of achievements, including community involvement and volunteer experiences
· Two or more Letters of Recommendation (from teachers, supervisors or community leaders
E-mail your Global Scholars Program application materials to:
For more information: